Christmas is the silly season, but it’s sometimes called Stressmas for a good reason. The strain on our time can lead us towards the convenient but ethically questionable chain supermarkets. Jennifer Richards of Beyond the Trolley shows you how to avoid the big two this festive season.
Tag Archives | parties
The festive season is almost upon us and with the mad Christmas rush, it’s easy to let our waste-free principles fall by the wayside. Stephanie Lewis shows you how to be the host or hostess with the most, except when it comes to waste, with just a little planning.
1. Festive coloured string of birds, Oxfam Shop, $7.95
2. The Holiday Finger Food Combination Generator, New York Times
4. Large beer bottle carafe and matching glasses, Pete’s Glasses, $42
5. Heart shaped Acacia wood bowl, Oxfam Shop, $18.95
6. Keg hire, Hire A Keg, from $235
7. Vintage napkin set, Etsy, $21.99
8. Solar LED fairy lights, Bunnings, $9.90
9. Terrace striped tablecloth, Oxfam shop, $42.95
10. Vintage Soviet cutlery set, Etsy, $39.59
11. Mango, melon and lime soda recipe, Honest Cooking
12. Fabric-covered crate seat DIY instructions, Wait Til Your Father Gets Home
13. 20 pack soy tea light candles, Moonlight Candles Australia, $17.95
For more party-oriented tips, check out our tips for creating a sustainable table setting, and some helpful resources for Christmas lunch that apply equally well to all the fabulous gatherings you’ll no doubt throw over the Spring and Summer.