Are you racking your brain for things to do to keep the kids occupied these school holidays? Look no further than your recycling bin. Here’s a bunch of recycled craft activities for kids of all ages.
- Make an easy bubble blower for your little ones using an old water bottle, or
- help them build a nifty bird feeder, and watch the birds come in to feed.
- Turn your old tin cans into elephant stilts,
- help your little grommets to build a colourful wind chime, or
- with winter fast approaching, get them started on some tin-can knitting. It’s an easy way for kids to make their very own scarf.
- Papier Mache is a great use for old newspaper. Kids can make all kinds of things using Papier mache, like dinosaur bones or a textured globe using a simple sphere shape, or
- turn that newspaper into something a little bit glam, like these cute paper beads.
And there’s plenty more ideas where those came from…
If none of these projects tickle your fancy, Planet Ark has some that will. They have put together this guide for recycled kids craft activities, with all kinds of ideas including musical instruments.
Or check out these gorgeous up-cycle ideas by Brisbane blog Edward and Lilly . They’ve got some wonderfully simple knitting, weaving, stamping and jewellery making ideas for kids of all ages.