Otter is on the hunt for a content curator/co-editor to join our team on a voluntary basis. The position would have an 6-10 hour per week commitment and suit someone who has a real passion to unlock the power of consumer choice to promote a fair and sustainable world.
As an Otter reader, you know what’s important to us: environmental sustainability, fair trade, human rights, consumer safety and ethical treatment of animals. If you think you’ve got what it takes to promote this message to the world, we’d love to hear from you.
Working with our existing editor, your primary tasks will be:
- to plan content that helps readers make good consumer choices consistent with their values.
- to commission content from volunteer writers and/or Ethical Consumers Australia staff and provide them with the support they need to deliver
- to curate content from other sources that fit with the purpose of the newsletter
- to post original content to a WordPress website
In addition you’ll work with Good On You’s head of Marketing and Communications to ensure our various publications complement each other and together provide several different ways for people to engage with ethical and sustainable consumption according to their preferences.
What we’re looking for:
- experience using your excellent communications skills, creativity and adaptability to meet the needs of an online or offline user community
- a collaborative work style
- publishing, editing and/or writing experience
- (desirable) experience promoting content through social media and otherwise.
If this is you and you have the skills above to offer 6-10 hours each week on a volunteer basis, get in touch now! Send a brief cover letter and resume to gordon at otter.org.au.
No comments yet.